As a financial cooperative, LMCU is based on the principles of the International Cooperative Alliance that are also adopted by World Council of Credit Unions. Our members are our owners and we recognise that the strength of our credit union depends on the strength and quality of the relationship we have with our members.
The Common Bond & membership
London Mutual Credit Union is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (FRN 213248) & is:
- Operating under the Credit Union Act 1979
- A Member of the Association of British Credit Unions Ltd
- A Member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
- A Member of the Financial Ombudsman Service
- A Member of the Building Societies Association
Membership is open to anyone who lives or works or volunteers in the London Boroughs of Southwark, Lambeth, Westminster or Camden and serving members of the UK Armed Forces.
2020 Annual General Meeting
The 2020 AGM will take place on Friday 6th March
- Southwark Council Offices
160 Tooley St, London, SE1 2QH (map)
Latest Annual Report
Annual Report and Financial Statements for the Year Ended 30th September 2019