Home Owner Loans
Borrow up to £25,000 for any purpose when you own your own home.
All Loans are subject to our Lending Policy and Terms & Conditions
Big plans, small rates
Planning a new kitchen or extension? Ready to buy that dream car? Make your big plans happen sooner with our Home Owner Loan. If you own your home (with or without a mortgage), and are employed, you can borrow up to £25,000 at some of our our lowest rates.
|£15,000 – £25,000||1 – 7 Years||8.29%|
- Get a loan for any purpose
- No arrangement or early repayment fees
- Get a decision and your loan paid in 7 – 10 working days
- Decisions made by a person, not a computer
- Build savings at the same time as you repay
18-74 years old
UK home owner (with or without a mortgage)
In employment or self-employed with evidence of income
A UK home address
Not be in an IVA or bankrupt
Will I be approved?
- You can comfortably afford the repayments alongside your existing financial committments
- You have not engaged in risky behaviours (such as heavy gambling), which could call into question your ability to repay.
What you’ll need
- A copy of your most recent payslip
- Your National Insurance number
- Your last two months bank statements, clearly showing your income
Scanned copies, a screengrab or clear, high-quality photos can be accepted
Good to know
What can I get a loan for?
A personal loan can be used for almost any purpose, from home improvements, purchasing a new or used car, a holiday, or any other large upfront costs. In general, you should not borrow in order to pay household bills or other ongoing or day-to-day expenses.
How long will it take?
You can help to speed up your application by making sure you provide all the requested documents at the earliest opportunity, and by responding to any questions or requests from our team as soon as possible.
Do I need to join the credit union before I apply?
Will I get the rate displayed?
In a small number of cases, we may not be able to offer you the full amount you have applied for, because you have had difficulties repaying loans in the past, or we don’t think the full amount will be affordable to repay. If this happens, we may offer a lower amount with a slightly higher interest rate.
In all cases, the amount we can offer you, the monthly repayment, and the amount of interest charged will be confirmed in your Loan Agreement, which we will send you to sign when we offer you a loan.